Three things that went well since 3 pm yesterday:
- I went to the Saver's 50% off Memorial Day sale this morning and found all sorts of cute clothes for G. Hard to guess what she'll like, but it was fun.
- The barbecue at J and A's was all lovely air, sun, on the new, creative deck built by their dad. I had a wonderful conversation with V. who got back from a trip to Africa a few weeks ago. It had been very different what she expected, laden down with illness for part of the trip, but she was full of interesting observations.
- I walked 40 minutes last night. Again at almost sunset, by the river. I plan to do it again this afternoon.
- Steak. I brought steaks to the barbecue--I haven't had a steak in months--and it was delicious. It cut like butter.
- People who continue to love even as I am empty and difficult.
- A day with a bit more activity in the real world.